“When the student is ready the teacher will appear. When the student is truly ready… The teacher will disappear.”
― Tao Te Ching
Few would disagree, richness in life is directly proportional to the willingness to remain open to learning new things. I share these with you in mind..
Below is a sampling of 8 small but impactful scenarios with solutions I have found to make a difference in most everyone’s life..
1. Getting a buy in or agreement to an idea, or when making a good purchase decision: (most every goal involves selling)
– Ask open ended questions – allows them to share with you ‘intent’ giving you better angles to connect and close the deal with a win win.
– Be conscious of non-verbal cues, mirror match posture and speech – tone and delivery. Try to imitate some body language – because everyone loves themselves.
– Address concerns fully – a small issue becomes large and out of control otherwise.
– Address the logical upfront – People make most decisions in an emotional state; however, later when calmed down, logic will be applied and you will lose with no representation.
2. Controlling a possible bad situation when alone:
– Make eye contact with possible aggressor and assess motives.
– Check and adjust your demeanor of posture and walk so as not to be measured as a possible victim.
– Check surroundings for others and scope out possible egress – A way out just in case.
– If necessary, dial 911 and place your phone back into pocket / purse.
3. Making Difficult Decisions
– Move away from the object of your decision. The noise and clutter will dampen.
– Use measured time to allow a clearer mind to reset.
– Write out pros and cons on paper.. study.
– Seek Counsel with trusted few. Decide when you are ready.
4. Facing your Fears
– Understand it will always be your FEAR if you do nothing.
– Find a way to observe your fear from a distance.
– Involve yourself in small measured exposures of your fear.
– Immerse yourself in your fear(s) in short time exposures. Most that overcome find a silver lining. Ultimately, your newfound growth will empower you to new heights.
5. Finding Happiness
– Identify what moves you with as many pictures as you can.
– Dissect where you fit in these various pictures and mentally place yourself there.
– Set several different goals to explore further your place in these possibilities.
– Repeat with someone you Love.
6. Having a Successful Career
– Be an avid Student of the business.
– Know what drives your peers, supervisor and his / her supervisor – select personalize and practice best.
– Seek a Successful Mentor – judge them on their fruits before acceptance.
– Decide and pursue if working for someone else is for you; otherwise, start a business, fail and start again!
7. Finding your Soulmate
– Understand longevity is in the similarities, opposites attract is not the full story.
– Beauty is skin deep so get past it quickly – their Soul will reveal when proper connection is made – then be ready – the ride will be amazing!
– Be true to yourself – for tomorrow you wake up with yourself first. Know every one carries their own story – Raw Truth belongs to YOU.
– Communicate openly about what troubles you, it minimizes the surprises before investing greatly. Remember the gift of the spirit lives in all of us ready to be shared.
8. Living a Full Life
– Be acutely aware that this life is short and not a dress rehearsal – seek successes thru personal failures – meaning, to try does not equal – TO actually DO!
– Set goals in critical areas of your life – pursue with a vengeance – gifts will come when you are in motion – most get nothing sitting on their ass!
– Understand that failure is the dues to any true life changing success.
– Be the best steward of your mind, body and soul – be open to consume the stories of the most successful and again – Just Do!